Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thought for the day

Life is busy.  It's too busy for most people, and most of the things that we busy ourselves with are a waste of time; like video games, TV, the Internet, and blogs;)

Often times, instead of downsizing, we say that we should find time to take a break from the busyness of life.  I have heard it many times recently: find time to take a break or you will burn out.

Well, I agree.  Let's do that.

But also, let's de-clutter things and invest our relatively small amount of hours, minutes and seconds into the things that matter to us.

My kids have grown up.  No longer babies.  I miss that.  There will never be enough moments for me to look back on to say that, "Yup, definitely hung out with baby Miles and Jonas enough."

But what do you do when you are busy with things that matter to you?  What do you do when you don't have enough time to take a break because you want to play Lego with your kids instead?

I think that there is room in the business to find peace and rest.  While you are working, and the stresses of the job, coworkers, bosses, deadlines, etc. climb all over you.  I think that it's possible to let it all melt away and remind yourself that you are, in fact, alive.

You are alive.  You exist.  You are living.  Doesn't that invigorate you?!

I am reminded of a great line from Bill Fay, who put our a great album last year.  Here's the song:




I love the line:
The never ending happening of what's to be and what has been.  Just to be a part of it, is astonishing to me.  

It's very common of us to forget that we are alive.  We do it every day.  We forget almost as soon as we remember.  How stupid is that?


No comments: