It's Sunday afternoon and I'm not really motivated to do anything else. In this time my brother has posted a clip from the old Hercules cartoons. He reminded us all of what we loved so much about that show: in 5 minutes the story was told with a lot of action and a lot of awesomeness. A great show.
That being said, it sure is a fun show to pick apart. And thus, I thought that I would pick apart an episode for the fun of it. It is a lot of fun.
So, here is the most memorable episode for me. It stars Hercules and the dangerous Hydra. Watch the episode first here:
1. The Hydra eats the bulls, the wagon, and the grain in about 10 seconds. Certainly, a beast to be feared.
2. The guy at the 20 second mark actually looks like my brother Bryce; the very brother who reminded me of the Hercules cartoon.
3. The sword: A few things about this scene:
Firstly, when Herc's like "let me get ready" do you think that some of the villagers are like, "Hey, maybe if I had a ring like that then I would be as strong as Herc?" I feel like Herc could have done better for his cred if he would have put the ring on before he came into the hut.
Secondly, while Herc is yanking at the sword I imagine the ripped blacksmith going to the back of the shop to get the keys or screw driver to unlock the chains. When he gets back and sees that Herc broke his chain set, he would say, "What, you couldn't have waited a few seconds for me to get the key?"
Finally, Newton asks Herc if he needs a hand breaking the sword from the chains? Whatever, Newton.
4. In the woods, Newton gets tangled by some branches. Herc is carrying the strongest sword in the world and he doesn't use it to cut the branches away? Yeah, you set that sword, that took the blacksmith a whole year to make, down by a rock and use your fingers to untangle your useless friend.
5. I'll admit that the Hydra displays some sweet skills, most notably being able to pick up the sword with it's teeth and tossing it a mile away into a pond that melts really strong swords.
6. At 2:41 is the inspiration for every awesome Arnold Schwarzenegger line.
7. How come the breath from the 2nd head didn't put itself to sleep for 1000 years when Herc sent it back on itself?
8. Herc's most notable power is being able to fall down from great heights (as falling down into the hole) without having his little skirt flipping up on him.
10. As I mentioned earlier, the sword was supposedly the strongest every made, and it gets flung into a puddle of mud and melts?! That blacksmith is a fraud and, in the end, deserved to have his chains broken.
11. It takes 10 seconds of screen time for the Hydra to fall down the hole. That is a big hole.
12. And what really gets the Hydra in the end? The fire head? Well, okay.
Herc's anger about the whole sword issue is explained by the fact that he was too angry to return to the blacksmith's hut to whip him with whatever was left of it. Seriously, that was the worst made sword of all time.
That's about it. Thanks for reading and have a great Sunday afternoon.