Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dream, dream, dream.

Last night, at 9:30, Barbara told me that she was going to bed. I popped in Inception and we watched it for the first time since we saw it in the theater this summer. 2 hours and 28 minutes later and Barbara says that you know its a good movie when you want to go to bed when it starts and by the time you finish it you are wide awake. Unless watching it was a dream... hmmm.

Then, that night, I had a dream that I was dreaming. Of course, I can't remember what it was about but I remember thinking, in the dream, that I was dreaming. Perhaps next time I will have a totem with me. I wonder what my totem should be.

Speaking of dreamy. Leo Dicaprio anybody?

All of this talk about dreaming makes me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR0smh6jo4

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude you should check out this article

http://dreamstudies.org/2010/09/14/lucid-dreaming-shamanism/

Josh

Barry Gee said...

Let me know what you think of "The fighter". I'm still reeling.

Barry Gee said...

Reeling meaning, I don't know what to think exactly yet, not "It was so good I was reeling" or "it felt like Mark Wahlberg actually punched me in the face"

Brett said...

Thanks for the clarification,Barry. My initial understanding is that you loved it. Now I understand. I will have to watch it.

We watched True Grit last night. It was pretty good. Interesting dialog, and curiously funny parts. But it is not really one of my favorite Cohen movies at all. Maybe because it is a remake. Jeff Bridges is great, though.